Monday, January 12, 2015

Random Ponderings

I need more reflection.  More quiet.  More peace.  Which I know will translate into more energy and more amazing things I am able to do.  I feel like I need a little fire under my bum, a little wind in my sails and a little energy.

So this year, instead of aiming to blog every day (who did I think I was?) I will compromise with a little reflection time in my day.  A little time where I can do what I want and grow in my spirituality, which in turn will be passed on to others.  I know for a fact that if I am reading my scriptures every day then I am much more smiley and happy with other people and not so worried with what everyone is thinking - just happy jogging through life at my own pace, waving and cheering on to those around me.

Being part of the young women presidency in our ward (unofficial at this point, but whatevs) we have ordered study books and journals for the weekly yw lessons and I can already see it making a difference.  I love journaling, I really do, but it's hard to do when I don't have a goal.  These journals are absolutely amazing because they have fill in the blank questions.  Questions with lines made just for my special answers.  It's been really great.  And the girls got journals for their lessons, complete with entry squares down in the bottom of each week that ask questions like, "How am I going to serve God this week" and "How will I apply what I learned this week" - I am really excited to use them and our goal is to make them a smash book style thing with lots of handouts and washi tape and colored ink.  I hope the girls can catch the vision.

We are losing one of our girls to a boarding school where she supposedly is going to make up a lot of lost credits due to her being in and out of homeschooling and regular schooling and switching high schools and stuff.  She's not a beehive, but we have a special connection because I helped her make a baby quilt when neither of us knew what we were doing.  We worked merely be faith and a 'well, let's get this done' kind of attitude.  Which is really the only kind of attitude that gets things done.  We spent a whole day on it and concluded with binding it, as well, which I will never do again, and honestly, looking back, don't know how I did it the one time.  She's super outgoing and the most interruptive of all the girls we have.  Knowing the bigger picture of energy, I know she is the kind of girl who will actually go and do something and as she gets older that energy will tame and she will be an absolute joy to be around.  It's just a lot of lessons to get through between now and then, ya know?

I am going to miss her and want to let her know we're all back here rooting for her.  Some packages and letters and things.  Don't let me forget, that's why I am writing this down.

No comments:

Post a Comment