Thursday, October 30, 2014

4 months with Talmage

Favorite Things:  Your fists.  I really wish you would take a binkie, as those are easier to get rid of than a thumb.

Special Talent:  It's fun to be with you.  You love to grab things and will take toys when I hand them to you.

Favorite Pastime: I haven't really been around too much this past month, but I know that you are absolutely chill with whatever comes your way.  Oh, you especially love those mats with a bar across them, dangling with noise-maker toys.  We don't have one, but the babysitter does and the gym does and you are content for a long time looking and trying to hit those.

NickNames:  T-Man, Talmage.  Alaska hates it if we call you anything but "Talmage" and is constantly reminding us, "His name not Cutie Pie, his name Talmage."

Sleep:  You will predictably go down at 7:30 or 8 and get up again around 7.  Take a couple two hour naps during the day and even though you still do a late cat nip around 5, you will still down early.  You are definitely on a eat, play, sleep schedule and it's nice to have a rhythm that I can count on to define when you are fussing out of hunger or out of being hungry.

Crying:  You are so quite most of the time, especially when you wake up.  You can be up for half a hour before I hear you because it takes you that long to get the momentum up to cry hard enough.

Dislikes: The binkie.  I am just about to give up.  You hate that thing with a passion.  You will tolerate it, sometimes, but always spit it out before I have held you 5 minutes.  And then if I persist, you scream.

Likes:  People laughing with you.  You aren't much into laughing, but if someone is laughing with you they are more apt to get a chuckle rather than a smile.

My favorite part:  Your endearing personality.  I love that you are so docile and easy-going.  It makes me feel like I am ready for another baby.  You are so awesome!  I just can't get enough of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment