Saturday, May 26, 2012

Snore Whispers

Handsome Husband has this bad habit of falling asleep in church sometimes.  I try not to give him any excuse, but let's just say that there are times for the faint of heart that sleep is just too good to give up during a warm and droning sacrament meeting.  Spencer W. Kimball was once asked what he did to glean something from a less then exciting sacrament meeting.  His reply, "I've never been to a boring sacrament meeting."  What a cop out answer.  We've all been to at least one, even if it was when we were 15.

Last week I handed him Alaska after she was asleep to hold.  It's hard to shut your eyes when you know any loss of control could send your precious bundle to the ground.  Plus, how could you shut your eyes when you could be gazing upon her little fingers and delicate eyelashes?  Listening carefully to the speakers as they painted angelic pictures of their mothers for us all to imagine I heard a soft snore.  I nudged Steven and absently hoped that perhaps one day Alaska will have a sacrament talk on Mother's Day and be able to say awesome things about me.  Usually when I nudge him the sound stops immediately and he leans over and whispers thank you and then proceeds to rub my back a little to show he's sorry.  No such thing.

The stake president's wife was telling about her mother and how she was such a great friend to her children when I heard that soft snore again.  This time I nudged a little harder and actually turned toward the culprit.  Steven's big eyes met mine and in all honesty he whispered, "It's not me!"  Please.  As if Alaska were snoring!  I leaned my head close by her head and sure enough, little hushed snores were escaping her baby doll face.  I just hope the curse stops there and her snores never grow more audible then a whisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment