Monday, December 19, 2011

Sleep While You Can

I didn't even know it was possible for someone to sleep so much and not be in a Sleeping Beauty or Snow White comma. I've got this super power right now that let's me sleep for any amount of time in whichever part of the day I happen to be. Pretty neat-o, hu? I know.

Everyone says to sleep while you can 'cause there's no way to get it back after the baby comes. Good advice, but I know from pure experience at college that you can't 'save up sleep' which is really too bad. So I guess what they mean is enjoy sleeping while you can. Enjoyment is something that can be saved up and looked back on with fond memories.

I can't believe that she's going to be here in one month. Her baking is over and it's time to start testing. Kind of like poking a toothpick in a cake. Yes, you know what I am talking about. Checking for dilation. The part I have been dreading the most out of this whole experience. And you know what? It wasn't even really that bad. It's been worse thinking about it than when it was happening. Thank goodness for good doctors.

It seems that no matter how much sleep I get during the day, I have the hardest time ever making it past 9:00 before my body is shut down to go to sleep. Working closing shifts these past couple of weeks has been a killer, especially since we don't even close until 10:30. Late. But, on the bright side, only two more weeks and then I get to spend some time on myself, for myself. Which will probably translate into cleaning and decorating. Which I am fine with. I just wish I didn't have to sleep so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment