Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Cooked It and I Ate It

I specifically remember the last time I cooked. It was a week after we found out we were having a little girl. I was craving some Cafe Rio taco salad and didn't want to fork out the 20$ to take both Steven and I there so I made my own with a recipe that I have.

I ate and ate that salad, drowning in salad dressing. It was exactly what I needed and wanted and everything I could imagine good food being. And then I threw it up. And that is the last time I cooked anything.

Number one, I was too tired. If I cooked dinner, I was too tired to eat it. It was either one or the other. Number two, smells. Opening the fridge and smelling apples and broccoli and the accent smell of cold plastic (betcha didn't know cold plastic had a smell, hu? Well you find out the secrets of life when you get pregnant and have a super power nose) was too much. I couldn't put anything into my mouth that I had smelled before it got to my nom-noming teeth. Number three, nothing ever sounded good long enough for me to make it. Handsome Husband went to the market to get cheese and butter for grilled cheese sandwiches and by the time he got back I just wanted some ramen noodles. He even went back to the store to get the ramen for me. He really is such a sweet heart.

These three things have kept me from cooking for the past three or four months. They have also kept me from doing the dishes. Just the thought of cleaning something that had been dirtied by food was more than my stomach could handle. Need I mention that I was already visiting the porcelain throne twice a day on a regular basis and more often if my supernatural sense of smell sent me hurdling my way to the bathroom. I won't be forgetting that too soon.

But. I wanted some stir-fry last week. So I got myself a package of vegetables and some rice and even some pre-cut meat and cooked it up and then I ate it. Since then I have also made a couple of BLTs and a taco salad (without the cafe rio dressing). And who knows, next week I might just do the dishes. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment