Friday, July 22, 2011

Flaming Gorge part 2

Sorry, didn't want to make that last post 40 billions hours long. So we get there at 11:30 or so and find out that instead of sharing the trailer with Steven's mom and dad we're going to share it with Nic and Heather. Which is kind of funny because they were SO concerned about sleeping in a tent by themselves. You know, newly-weds and all, they wanted their own little place. But we opened the door and there were definitely some snores coming from behind the curtain. Which is chill, ya know. I was so tired I didn't even care and could hardly stand long enough for Steven to unfold our brand new sleeping bags and flop a pillow down for my wee head.

I was so out of it that I didn't even realize that the space we were sleeping in was actually the table with the cushions all arranged in a bed. That part was really weird in the morning when we put everything back in place and there appeared a table. There's just something kinda wrong about sleeping on a table without knowing it. Right up there with table dancing. It wasn't a very large space and I am pretty sure that Steven slept with half his body off the edge while I squished up against the wall and window. But we love each other.

I woke up wide-awake around five and there was no turning back. I had to pee like a child needs a candy bar and lucky for us, we were the closest ever to the porta potty. Count your blessings. I was feeling kind of groggy and thought a shower would be a good idea. I waited for Steven's mom to gather up her things to go with me and away we went, on to another adventure, leaving Steven instructions to comb his hair.

Unfortunately, I hadn't really planned on showering. Therefor towel, no check, shampoo and conditioner, no check. I did have clean under things and face lotion, though. It's always good to be kind of prepared. And a blow dryer and straightener complete with makeup. Can't leave the house without the essentials, ya know.

I was surprised there was no line for the potties or the showers, it didn't even seem as if anyone had been in there since the night before. It was relieving. This meant that the floor was still dry and not slippery from previous showers. It also meant that the mirrors were not fogged up. Not that this really helped them out. They were more like mirrors from a fun house. The kind that make one part of your body look dis-proportioned from the rest.

In order to get the shower water to spray you had to push the water button. There was no temperature changer, if I remember. The magic button was located in that vital spot. So I pushed it once and let the water warm from Antarctic ocean cold to Pacific ocean cold. Pushed it again and let it warm from Pacific ocean cold to Atlantic ocean warm. And there it stayed. At this point the air was colder than the water and I jumped in. My shower was all of one button push long and I was out of there, drying off with a sweatshirt. Luckily my mother-in-law was longer at taking a shower but shorter at getting dressed and getting ready. I had my hair blown dry and straightened, finishing up my make-up by the time she was out and her low-maintenance hair and ability to put on makeup with a small mirror got us out of there at the same time. We left the fun-house mirrors behind and drove back to camp for some hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment