Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our Table

Nothing like starting a blog because you want the world to know about your table, hu? But really... it's true. We've lived in this duplex for 3 months and we haven't gotten a table to put in our increasingly cute kitchen. Until yesterday. When I chanced by DI (DI will show up a lot in my posts. It's my treasure box of adventures and wonders) and found two tables that were decent. I pulled Steven in later that night by reminding him of the last time we procrastinated going back and retrieving something I had scoped out. That's right. High turnover at that place.

So, we get there on a time crunch and couldn't stand waiting for the helper man to come find us in the 'as is' section when he was called to the 'outdoor' section. So we stepped up our game, piled all the pieces together (yes, pieces. This $20 goody has two leaves to add for size) and muscled our way to the checkout. We stepped aside to pull the new addition of our family apart to fit in the car and were discouraged at the genius that has designed our table. It didn't pull all the way apart! So then we had to have the helper man called to the front to take the legs off. We waited patiently, silently wondering if we could just drive home with one door open and a table leg hanging out. It actually didn't take that long and we were soon on our way.

The doors slid open and.... oh crickeys! It was pouring. Now, being an Oregonian, I know many synonyms for 'rain' and this was no drizzle. Hail pelted out of that sky right on top of us as we ran to the car. Me carrying the severed legs and Steven carrying the table top over his head. I got to sit in the car while he went back for the innards (the leaves).

Now sitting in our kitchen is this darling little table. Only... it's saying to me. 'Hey, what is this white sanitarium you have put me in? If your landlady insists on white walls please paint me to make your kitchen more unique.' The search is on for the perfect spray paint. I am not going to touch it with a brush because nothing is worse than brush marks in dried paint. But I can whip out some mad spray paint skills. So... if you see a robin's egg blue or rosette red table sitting at DI in a couple of years you will know that it came from our kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment