Sunday, May 21, 2017

Hunted Animal

I got out of the shower after being harassed 3x "Mom, mom, mom! Why are you in the shower?" Can a lady not get a break around here?

I slinked out in my towel (as slinky as a pregnant lady can slink), hoping no one would notice. That the next door opened by tiny hands would be the bathroom door rather than my own bedroom door. No such luck. "I'm getting dressed!" halted the door at two inches instead of a full on exposure, but I was a hunted animal.

My promise of opening the door as soon as I was dressed appeased the situation and I did a hurried look for my Sunday dress and a slip. Opened the door as per promised. No one there. Combed out my hair, dabbed on some mascara, noticed my nose was shiny and poofed it with some powder. Not even taking the time to double-check on things like eyebrows or pores, I was out of the vanity area and into the bathroom where I knew I could find some hairspray. 

My hair piled on top of my head in the mom-bun I have consistently been wearing for the past 4 weeks, I looked in the mirror and gave a little smile. Yes. My hair was piled as high as it is when I go to the gym. And today was Sunday. It was one of those days that called for all hair off my neck and away from my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment