Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Alaska age 5

Alaska's birthday. The Punky has turned 5. I can't imagine it. One, little, young me having a 5 year-old and two, hello! She's 5! Kindergarten! And new friends that I won't know their moms. And bigger clothes and opinions. It's hard to imagine - which I suppose is why you get older one day at a time rather than any other way.

Her favorite color seems to change with whatever Disney princess is currently her favorite. Right now she loves Rapunzel and thinks purple is the bomb.

Favorite Foods: Ramen noodles, chocolate cake, blueberry muffins

Favorite thing to do: Dress-up

Best Friends: Ethan and Lilly and Allen and Rowen

Song: Let it Go and Shake it Off

I am good at: Dancing to Elsa (let it go)

Love to do with Dad: Crawl on him. But he usually doesn't let me do that. So I like to spend time with him.

Love to do with Mom: Like to spend time with me snuggling.

Love to do with Talmage: Love to play pegs with him.

Love to do with C: Playing house with her.

She has wanted a Princess Sofia birthday party since the day after her last birthday party of Elsa and Anna. Not exactly sure why - it's a mystery. But we did Princess Sofia this year and it was a success due to Grammer's (Tamera) excellent experiment with fondant the cake looked like a pinterest masterpiece. Because I am still not feeling well, like, at all, we did the party at Sunshine pizza and invited all the family. As we were turning into the pizza place I thought maybe we should get balloons, but as soon as I climbed out and dry-heaved I was just grateful that I could be there and it would have to be what it was. Thank goodness she's 'only' 5 and I can be sick and unglamorous and low key as humanly possible while still making it a special day for her. And thank goodness for my parents and Steven's parents for pulling through with awesome presents and cake to make it a party.


No comments:

Post a Comment