Friday, June 20, 2014

Monday Delivery

It's been a long week full of lots of business.  Pretty sure Talmage is coming on Monday, which means I have a lot of projects and getting ready to do.   It's not that I am not as super excited for number one as I was for number 2, it's more like our space is so limited that I am putting off dragging out baby stuff as long as I can.  We had Alaska's crib made up and done two months in advance and just on Tuesday I pulled the pack-n-play out to scrub it down.  A pack-n-play.

I am just now finishing up painting the dresser, which looks super awesome, btw, and yesterday I went to the children's resale to get a swing, and guess what.  They didn't even have a swing!  I had been putting that off the very longest because really, we have nowhere to put it and it's going to be a huge tripping hazard and make the house completely cluttered.  I put my name on a waiting list and hopefully one will come in soon.  I guess it is garage sale season and people are probably selling their own baby swings rather than taking them in to a re-sale place.

My last step will be getting Alaska's bag ready and my hospital bag.  I feel like that is the final touch that a person can do and no need to give anyone permission to come before Monday because there's no way I could handle that.  Maybe Sunday, but I've really got my work set out for me these next couple of days and I don't have time for contractions and run to the hospital.

Why Monday, you may ask.  Number one, a long long long time ago the 23rd popped into my mind and I hadn't even stopped to look at a calendar to see what day it was until a month ago.  Turns out to be a week earlier than the due date I was given.  Which is just fine.  I am dilated to a two and the doctor will strip the membranes on Monday.  Which means a jump-start into labor if my body is ready, which I am pretty sure it should be ready.  I wish my appointment were earlier, but it's at 2:30. Which means an evening/night delivery.  I really liked having Alaska in my arms around noon and having the rest of the day to get to know her a little instead of being exhausted by labor and also by the fact that it's bed time.  It will be interesting to see how it all goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment